Our largest gathering of members occurs at our statewide meetings. CAHF hosts three statewide meetings each year:
- Spring Legislative Conference - Every spring, usually at the end of March, CAHF’s Legislative Conference is held in Sacramento. The conference features various speakers from state government and related fields, educational offerings and special events. During this three day meeting, attendees are encouraged to visit their legislative representatives.
- Summer Conference/QCHF Institute - In July CAHF and QCHF combine to hold the QCHF Institute and CAHF Summer Conference. This meeting includes a day and a half educational symposium conducted by QCHF, CAHF’s educational foundation, and offers close to two dozen valuable learning sessions. CAHF’s committees, conferences and councils also meet and there are social gatherings as well. The summer meeting is held in different locations around California and is generally held in a resort area. Attendees are encouraged to link this educational opportunity with vacation for a perfect combination.
- Annual Convention & Expo - Each November, CAHF’s Convention and Exposition are held in Palm Springs. By far CAHF’s largest meeting, the convention includes a 275 booth Expo, special events and social functions, educational sessions throughout the meeting, nationally recognized speakers and the opportunity to meet with new people or see old friends. This convention is attended by more than 2,000 people. The finale is CAHF’s Installation Banquet, a dress-up affair with a gourmet dinner and world-class entertainment. The convention marks the end of CAHF’s year as new officers are elected and CAHF begins again with new committee members for the coming year.
CAHF and its educational arm, the Quality Care Health Foundation, host symposiums, conferences and events which focus on education and activities for specialized sections of our membership including:
- Annual Independent Owners Symposium
- Nurse Leadership Conference
CAHF membership is divided into five geographical regions. Regions may host annual cluster meetings with Department of Public Health officials, special events and activities. Learn more about regional events and activities here.
There are 19 independently incorporated chapters of CAHF. These chapters often host meetings and events for local providers. See the Chapter Pages for details.