Founded in 1950, the California Association of Health Facilities is a non-profit trade association representing skilled-nursing facilities and intermediate-care facilities for people with intellectual disabilities. It is dedicated to providing quality care for the frail, elderly, intellectually disabled and those with chronic mental illness. CAHF is the largest provider of continuing education for long-term care providers in California. Serving 370,000 individuals each year, skilled nursing providers are directly responsible for more than 140,000 jobs and $5.6 billion in wages and benefits to long-term care employees.
CAHF supports its members through:
- Legislative and regulatory advocacy at the state and federal level
- Timely information about industry trends
- Education and training for long-term care professionals
- Promotion of long-term care at local, regional, state and national levels
- Group insurance programs and other membership benefits