Negative Pressure Wound Therapy May 8
• May 8 – Negative Pressure Wound Therapy with Adam J. Frerichs, president of MedSupply.
• June 12 – Get Ready to Negotiate With a Hospital CEO, CFO, CIO Etc. with Mike Smith of CAHF member American HealthTech
• Aug. 14 – Reducing Hospital Readmissions Through End-of-Life Communications with Leila Malicoat of Optimal Hospice in Fresno
• Sept. 11 – Learn About Free Health Care with Lisa Ramsey of CAHF member Medi-Cal Consulting Services
• Oct. 9 – Dementia and Delirium: Diagnosis, Misdiagnosis and What WE NEED to Know with Keith Savell, PhD, CTRS, President, Mariposa Training
Scroll down for meeting time, location, cost and RSVP.
Progress Valley Chapter awards
Mary Baker Memorial Scholarships
On April 10, 2013, the CAHF Progress Valley Chapter recognized three outstanding scholarship recipients for the Mary Baker Memorial Scholarship Fund.
Kelly Luce-Cimoli, MDS Nurse, was recognized by Ben Tuifua, Administrator from Garden City Health Care Center in Modesto, for her dedication to her residents and her goal of becoming a Registered Nurse.
Juliana Serpa was recognized by Hy-Lond Convalescent Hospital-Merced Administrator Michael Ramstead for her commitment to also becoming a Licensed Nurse.
Stevi Harris, Data Entry, from English Oaks Nursing & Rehab Center in Modesto, was recommended for the award by Deanna Hill, Administrator. Stevi is hoping to pursue a career in Dietetic Services, with her ultimate goal of becoming a Registered Dietitian.
Each of these winners enjoyed lunch with her guest, and each received a $750 scholarship check to help defray the costs associated with returning to school.
Mary Baker, a longtime nursing-facility administrator and owner of three convalescent hospitals (Bel-Air Lodge and Elness in Turlock and Ha-Le Aloha in Ceres), was honored in memoriam for her many years of service in the Progress Valley Chapter and for her contributions to CAHF. Progress Valley Chapter developed a scholarship program last year and felt that it would be appropriate to name the scholarship fund after Mary Baker, who died Dec. 30, 2012, for her tireless dedication to the long-term care professions.
The 2012 scholarship winners from Progress Valley were Akashdeep Sandhu, LVN, Ha-Le Aloha Convalescent Hospital in Ceres; Sophia Costa, Director of Staff Development, Vintage Faire Nursing & Rehabilitation Center in Modesto, and Mai Chia Yang, CNA, Hy-Lond Convalescent Hospital in Merced.